Warranty First has always lived up to its name by being one step ahead of the warranty industry, and finding new and affordable car warranty solutions.
Warranty First -
t: 0844 324 7257 Customer Care
Calls cost 7p/min plus your phone company’s access charge
The following terms and conditions apply to all Warranty First breakdown warranty plans.
1. The vehicle must be roadworthy and have a valid MOT at inception
2. To activate your warranty breakdown plan, we require the application to be completed in full, including your email address, full name, contact details and the accurate mileage (e.g. 48212 miles).
Charges and Payments
3. You agree to authorise Warranty First to take the amounts shown on your Warranty Breakdown Plan Payment Schedule by credit card, debit card or direct debit as and when due. We will advise you of any changes to the amounts shown after giving you prior written notice. We do not keep your payment details within Warranty First computer systems, we process your payments via a secure outsourced payment agency. This authority will remain in force until you cancel it or until expiry.
4. You must pay all charges in full amount and at the times agreed for the period of warranty otherwise your breakdown warranty plan will not be valid and all cover will cease immediately without return of any payments you may have made up to that date and without the settlement of any repair cost you may have requested.
5. When you request the pay by instalments option it will be for a period of 12 months with the full cost payable by the following means: one initial payment equal to 2 months and the balance payable over 10 equal monthly instalments.
6. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to vary the amount of your monthly payment or the cost of your warranty at any time by giving you 30 days' notice in writing.
7. After you have held a 12 month (or longer) breakdown warranty plan with us you can renew it for the same vehicle on a monthly basis subject to a review by us at renewal date.
8. Where you are paying by an instalment option plan and you make a repair claim during the first 3 months, we will deduct (offset or contra) any difference between the cost of a full term 12 month warranty and the payments you have made, from the repair cost that is authorised and agreed by us.
9. Where you are paying by an instalment payment plan and we are unable to collect two consecutive instalments we will request that you pay all outstanding instalments in full, failure to do so will result in your warranty being cancelled and no mines will be refunded.
Warranty Breakdown Plan Renewal
10. We will, after a review, automatically renew your breakdown warranty plan under our current terms and will inform you in writing or by email of any changes to our charges or terms and conditions. If you decide you do not wish to renew you should contact us within 14 days after receiving your renewal notification and we will refund any new payments made. If you do nothing your warranty will then become effective 14 days after you receive it but your right to cancel set out below at will then apply.
Cancellation and Termination
11. Unless you have made a claim, you have the right to cancel this breakdown warranty plan within 14 days of the policy start date. If you decide that you do not want your breakdown warranty plan, simply confirm your request in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your warranty policy number and your vehicle registration, ensuring that they reach us within 14 days of your warranty start date. The consequences will be as follows: provided you have not requested we meet any repair cost, your warranty will be cancelled and your payments refunded in full without any deduction, in circumstances where you have cancelled your breakdown warranty plan up to 14 days after the breakdown warranty plan start date and you have requested that we meet a repair cost your warranty will be cancelled and your payments refunded after deducting a proportion of your payments calculated on a daily basis up to the date of cancellation.
12. If at any time after the first 30 days of the breakdown warranty plan start date, you decide that you do not want your breakdown warranty plan, simply confirm your request in writing or by email to email@example.com quoting your warranty policy number and your vehicle registration number. Your warranty will be cancelled from the date we receive your request, there will be no refund of any payments.
13. In the event that you fail to pay us any monies due within the terms of this agreement, we may cancel your breakdown warranty plan and we may use the balance of any monies which may otherwise be due to you to settle our costs.
14. Cancellation by you is in full and final settlement of any obligations Warranty First may have towards you under the terms of your breakdown warranty plan.
15. This agreement will terminate without refund in cases of fraud or dishonesty.
16. This breakdown warranty plan will cover consequential damage if the failure of a non-
17. Wear and tear for the listed components is only covered up to a maximum of 110,000 miles and or 10 years (80,000 or 7 years for Exclusive policies). After exceeding this mileage and age the wear and tear element of this agreement will no longer be valid. This does not affect anything outside the wear and tear element of the policy and therefore your policy will continue to its full term.
Requesting a repair and Claims
18. If faults arise on your vehicle then do not attempt to drive further as this may cause extensive damage to other components. Please contact Warranty First at the earliest opportunity for guidance. Please refer to the claims process section and follow the guidelines. Claims which do not follow the guidelines will be invalidated.
19. Any works authorised by you or commenced or completed by your repairing garage without first being authorised by Warranty First will be invalidated and no consideration will be given.
20. Authorised works not commenced by the repairing garage within 14 days of the authorisation date will result in the claim being invalidated.
21. This breakdown warranty plan will cover the costs for all authorised claims including parts, labour and VAT.
22. Depending on your cover level, agreed labour time for repairs will be paid up to a maximum of £50 per hour including VAT, subject to recognised industry standards times for repair.
23. This breakdown warranty plan is subject to an excess as stated within your level of cover which will be deducted from the authorised claim. Any discrepancies and shortfalls need to be paid to the repairer in full by you. We will not be liable for shortfalls.
24. Authorisations will only be granted once written confirmation has been received by us, that any shortfall will be paid by you.
25. Claims will be invalidated if the completed diagnostic form is not received by Warranty First within 14 days of the claim being reported and before the policy expires.
26. We will only authorise the use of manufacturer's parts where reconditioned or generic parts are not available.
27. We will only authorise for work to be carried out at a VAT registered repairing garage.
28. We will only pay up to the maximum claims limit as scheduled in your policy which include the extra benefits sections on your cover levels. Extra benefits listed in your policy form part of your claim limit and will only become valid once authorisation is granted on a claim for a failed listed component.
29. This breakdown warranty plan will expire once claims reach the Glass's guide market value of your vehicle or the purchase price, whichever is lower.
30. We will not pay more than once for the same repair.
31. The cost of investigatopn and diagnostic work is the policy holders liability.
32. In all cases, we reserve the right to request photographic evidence and to appoint an independent assessor to examine any fault, breakdown, quotation or repair undertaken at any time, the result of which is binding by all parties.
33. We may require you to provide documentation in order to assist us in validating a repair claim. These documents may include: your vehicle V5 log book, purchase receipts, current and previous MOT certificates, current and previous service history documents, VAT service and VAT repair receipts, any repairer's parts receipts and details of previous repairs that may have been made.
34. We reserve the right to decline your repair claim should we not be satisfied that you have provided the correct and necessary documentation within 14 days of being notified of a claim.
35. Any faults reported in one diagnosis will equate to one claim; no matter how many parts have failed or whether they are related parts.
36. If at any time during the period of your policy, we use our discretion to authorise a repair on a goodwill basis which would otherwise have been excluded then this does not set any precedent and does not mean we will necessarily authorise any similar repair in the future.
37. This policy does not cover vehicles used for; carriage of passengers, goods for hire and reward, off road, hackney carriage/taxi, motor sports determined by time or speed including practice and track racing.
38. This breakdown warranty plan does not cover exhaust emissions or MOT failures.
39. This breakdown warranty plan excludes any damage caused by a road traffic accident or collision or any road hazard whether or not insured under any motor insurance or accidental damage policy. This also excludes the bodily injury or death or any other damage how-
40. This breakdown warranty plan does not cover inherent faults of any description. Inherent faults are those that existed at the time of purchase.
41. This agreement does not cover service components or maintenance items of any kind (those items that would normally be maintained under the vehicles standard servicing schedule such as: brake pads, brake discs, timing belts, filters and oil changes). Air conditioning re-
43. Seized parts
44. Faults diagnosed by health checks
47. Foreign matter getting into or onto a part
48. Oil contamination
50. Carbon build up
51. Manufacturer recalls
52. Failure to maintain the vehicle in a roadworthy condition including maintenance of proper levels of oil and coolant
53. Failing to service the vehicle as part of the manufacturer's service schedule.
54. The effects of over-
55. Use of incorrect grade/use of fuel or oil or from the use of inadequate or improper anti-
56. Natural deterioration of parts due to age and/or mileage, condition and usage.
57. Negligence or wilful damage (including continuing to drive the vehicle when it is not mechanically/electrically sound)
58. Subjecting the vehicle to a load greater than that permitted by law or the manufacturers recommendations
59. Fire, self-
60. No liability will be accepted for the damage caused by: poor repairs carried out before the commencement of this breakdown warranty plan, or faulty workmanship of any description
61. The gradual loss of engine compression necessitating the repair of valves or rings.
62. Gradual increase in oil consumption due to normal operating functions.
63. The replacement of parts for good engineering practice.
64. We will not authorise any claims which are a result of routine servicing, health and maintenance checks, and/or advisories.
65. We do not pay for diagnostic or stripping down charges.
66. This breakdown warranty plan only covers the original manufacturer's specification. Modifications outside the original factory specifications and designs are not covered.
Selling your vehicle
67. If you want to sell the vehicle you will be able to transfer this agreement to the new owner. You must apply to Warranty First to transfer the agreement prior to sale. There is a fee of £49 which you must enclose with your request. The fee will be returned if your request cannot be accepted.
68. If the ownership of the vehicle changes without formal policy transfer the policy will be void.
69. If you sell the vehicle to a dealer or trader, this agreement will automatically terminate without a refund.
70. This breakdown warranty plan will only cover the breakdown of mechanical and electrical faults and is not deemed as an insurance policy for road risk.
71. Vehicles registered on the insurance total loss register and/or the national police register will have restricted cover. Please contact Warranty First for further information. A comprehensive HPI check may be carried out in event of a claim.
72. No liability will be met unless authorised by and agreed to in writing by Warranty First.
73. We accept no liability for loss of use, inconvenience, lost time, commercial losses or any other incidental or consequential losses.
74. The vehicle must have a valid MOT throughout the duration of the policy; without this the policy will be void.
75. Car hire will only be valid when a repair takes longer than 8 hours according to recognised industry standard times and authorised at our discretion.
76. We will not be liable for loss of fuel, earnings from work, penalty and storage charges, parking tickets, keys, theft from your vehicle, clamps, toll charges, broken glass, traffic congestion charges, running out of fuel or incorrect fuel, keys locked in vehicle, damaged key fobs, vehicles immersed or immobilised, vehicle that require work at a specialist repairer, hotels, rail fare, flights, or ferry costs, calling costs, vehicles which are not serviced in line with the manufacturers service schedule, labour charges in excess of recognised industry repair times manual, and any claims arising within 14 days from the date of inception.
77. No part of this agreement may be altered without the written consent of Warranty First.
78. Legal Jurisdiction -
79. To qualify for the payment of an authorised repair the invoice must be received by us within 45 days of the authorised date.
80. You are responsible for ensuring that your vehicle is maintained in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations and must be within a maximum of 1,000 miles or 30 days (whichever is sooner) of the service schedule to have the service completed. If you exceed this, the agreement will come to an end and no refund will be given. All service repairs must be undertaken by a VAT registered service provider or repairer. All invoices of any services and repairs must be retained.
Review regarding decline decisions
In the event that you are unhappy with how we have arrived at a decline decision and wish to have a further review you will need to do so in writing within 14 days.
You should write to Customer Services Manager, Warranty First, 67A South Street, Stanground, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE2 8EX or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your query will be acknowledged by return of post or by email and answered within 14 working days.
Note: Should you wish to take this action please do not phone. If you wish to have any decline decision reviewed by our Management Team we will only advise you to write in via email or letter as we require full written details.
The following terms and conditions apply to all Warranty First policies.